Saturday, June 30, 2012

Thank you, Jesus.


On Friday night, I attended a church service for “youth” (defined pretty broadly) and I liked it a lot! First of all, I loved worship. Worship in Spanish is just so cool. Almost everything about Chile is different for me (and super overwhelming at times) but God is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Even though my surroundings (and language, and culture) have changed, the love demonstrated on the Cross doesn’t change, regardless of what continent I am singing from. I don’t know how else to describe it, but it was a pretty great reminder after the long week.

The rest of the service was good, but harder to follow. Thankfully, during songs, people sing slower than they speak, so I could understand and follow along. Unfortunately during the rest of the church service, Chileans like to return to their normal speech, which I am not quite accustomed to yet, seeing as it is a million miles an hour with no pronunciation. So maybe I understood half of the rest of the service? I’ll take what I can get!

A few friends from home have been super encouraging and have asked what they can be praying about for me here in Chile. Here are some ideas:
  • That I will be less overwhelmed by life here, but will begin to enjoy it and find beauty in it.
  • That I will be bolder about my faith with my classmates.

Thanks for all your prayers and moral support! 
Love to you all, Elise





No comments:

Post a Comment