Sunday, June 17, 2012

Bienvenidos!



Wow, getting to this point has been crazy to say the least.  As I am writing this, I am at my parents' house, getting ready (or so I'm telling myself) for CHILE.  I can hardly believe it, but in a matter of days I will be wandering through the airport, getting myself on a plane, and flying to South America.  The emotions and thoughts running through my head are endless:
  • I'm excited. Well, duh.  I'm going to Chile for a little more than two months, to study, work and explore.  I have no idea what's in store for me, but I'm EXCITED!
  • I'm nervous.  I feel like I've said this a million times, but I'm nervous!  Primarily because of the Spanish.  Yes, I have studied Spanish for years (and I'm a Spanish major), but my use of and need for Spanish here in the States is minimal to say the least- I haven't needed to depend on it all day, every day.  I know I'm going to learn lots (and fast!), but I'm still anxious about communicating with my host family, navigating my way around the cities, and surviving in another language.
  • And I'm at peace.  As my friends and family can attest, this past quarter has been hectic and stressful to say the least.  But, in the midst of the craziness, I know that God is in control and has great, beautiful plans for me.  Every day I remind myself of his grace and mercy poured out on me, and hopefully the way I live my life is reflective of this.  I am excited to see what he does in and through me on this trip!
So, if you want updates about my adventures in Chile (trust me, there will be many!), this is the place to find them!  Also, please email me lots- I want updates about life back home!  I can't wait to share this experience with you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment