Dearest friends and family,
As I write, I am unwinding from one adventure, and am preparing myself for the next. These last 72 hours in Chile are going to be wonderful.
Today, I went white-water rafting for the first time, on a level 4 river. It was crazy! The river was beautiful, and it was surrounded by gorgeous, snow-capped mountains. And I learned that the water was incredibly cold when I went for my little ¨swim¨ part-way through. One of the level 4 rapids included a ¨hydraulic¨(? Some things just get lost in translation with Spanish...) that our group didn´t manuever quite as well as we should have, and a few of us took a dunk. But it was totally worth it.
And now, I am packing my bag in preparation to climb the volcano tomorrow with some people from my hostel. Let me tell you, the adventures never end in Chile. The past few days have been raining a lot, which meant a lot of activities were unavailable for the past few days, but tomorrow is supposed to be perfect weather to climb the volcano. We start at 6:45 in the morning, and climb up 2800m for 5 hours through the snow, before sledding back down. I´ll be sure to keep you posted on the details of this next adventure :)
Love to all,
Elise
So I'm not sure how I've missed all these posts but I'm glad to have found them tonight. I've seen some, but not all of them and am blaming computers... or some other metaphysical force beyond my control.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading everything tonight. Thank you for sharing and for making it easy for us to have a glimpse into your interesting life down south!
We'll talk about hydraulics (http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_a_hydraulic_in_whitewater_rafting) when you cook me your becoming infamous "Chilean dinner" when you return.
I love you and am so very proud of you, always. Thanks for sharing Elise...
Love,
Uncle Reid :)