Monday, August 20, 2012

Bucket List

I have officially been in Chile for two months, and it has come to my attention that there were two experiences I had not yet had.  But not to worry, I have now experienced these last two things:

One.  Pulgas.  More commonly known as fleas.  That´s right folks, I got fleas.  I had hoped that if I didn´t pet the stray dogs and ran away instead (not hard for me to do), and hoped for the best, I would remain flea-free for my entire trip.  But alas, those pesky little pulgas got the best of me.  I have no idea when or where I got them (I have been in countless trains, buses, cars, and cities this past week), but the 16+ bites on my leg leave no room for doubt.  Mom and Dad, I hope you´re ready for all the laundry I´ll be doing when I get home :)

Two.  The south. During my time here, I lived in central Chile (and I love it dearly), and traveled to the Atacama desert (see the earlier post about that adventure).  But I was still lacking time in the south of Chile.  The land starts to break up the further south you go, as it turns into the region of Patagonia.  And my study abroad program ended last week, so I decided to travel to southern Chile for my final week here.  I made it to one of the northern-most towns of Patagonia, and I am enjoying the lake and the beautiful scenery, when it´s not raining.  Which it kind does all the time during the winter in the south.  So when it rains the hardest, I curl up by the fire, drinking tea and reading a book.  Rough life, huh?

I will continue to travel for this week (one more city to go before Santiago!), enjoying the paisaje and relaxing by fire-places.  And this weekend, I fly home!  I land in the wonderful land of the United States of America, bright and early on Sunday morning.  USA, I hope you´re ready for me :)

Love to you all, and I look forward to talking to you soon when I am state-side once again!

¡Chao!


No comments:

Post a Comment